Wednesday 17 September 2014

Nervous...

...about the referendum. Nervous about what sort of state our country will be in if we mindlessly vote for independence. Nervous about what sort of state our country will be in if we don't - read the news and you'll see just how divided we're becoming. 

Nervous about speaking to other Scots about my opinion on this matter, for fear of negativity against my opinion. Nervous that they'll think less of me and/or that they will try to pressure me and intimidate me. It's a terrible way to feel, but I'm not the only one.

So I'll say it here loudly. I AM PROUD TO BE SCOTTISH, AND I AM DELIGHTED TO BE UNITED.

This does not make me any less Scottish than independence voters. It does not make me a Tory/Labour/Lib Dem sympathiser. I voted SNP like the majority of Scottish voters in our last election, because I believed in something more for Scotland. However, independence was not the 'more' I was looking for.

Please make the right choice, Scotland! Choose safety and security, not uncertainty and broken promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment