Thursday 17 July 2014

Thankful Thursday 1

Aside from bubble tea and this blog, 'Thankful Thursday' is my other new thing. I'm thankful for a lot of deep and meaningful things and from time to time I'll write about them but this spot will be reserved specifically for the ones that simply put a smile on my face.

Today's is Laura Veirs album July Flame. It came out a couple of years ago and it has always been a little special to me for various reasons. When I left the house this morning for my back shift in work (10 hours of pure fun yippee!) I didn't feel anything specific. The minute it started, that smile just grew. It's probably the most summery album I own, without even trying - it isn't a typical, upbeat summer album. You would have to listen to it to understand.

So tomorrow I'm heading in to Edinburgh after work for an hour or two - the intention is to meet The Man when he arrives off his train from Plymouth. I'll have been cruising the Waverly train station market and seeking out a Bubble Tea cafe by the time he arrives. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment