Sunday 13 July 2014

Whirlwind of a Weekend

As my partner and I have become used to, every weekend is over before we even have the chance to realise it's here. As I have been working away too, we both arrived home late on Friday. Whilst munching on a bag of chips with brown sauce we rushed to get a couple of washloads done and hung up. On Saturday we had the one-in-a-million chance to take our time as we got ready to go my partners' sisters' house - we usually do this every week in a baby-sitting capacity but not this weekend. We arrived back home again late in the evening, got ourselves settled in and had an early night. We were up again early this morning as The Man had to catch his train back down to Plymouth where he's currently working through the week. After he left I decided to busy myself with some housework - since being stationed in Newcastle, the house hasn't seen a duster or a decent spray anti-bacterial surface cleanser (love the stuff - for all your cleaning needs!). Despite this I made sure I was very good to myself and did my nails while watching Friends for about 5 hours (I'd like to say 'give or take', but really it was more 'give' than 'take'!)

So tomorrow, I'm back to my normal office. No more commuting, no more sanitising the hotel room as soon as I arrive (seriously, I wasn't joking when said I love anti-bacterial surface cleanser! Sad, I know...), no more unnecessary spending...Although the one non-necessity I will miss, is Bubble Cha, in Newcastles' China Town. Amazing. I'd like to say that the fruit variety of bubble tea is my new obsession but I don't think there are any Bubble Tea making establishments nearby. I'd love to learn to make them myself but it's knowing where to source the pobbles (little sacks of fruit juice that pop in your mouth) and flavourings etc. I would have loved to try their variety of milk teas but being very sensitive to dairy, it really would not have been a sensible venture...my favourite non-dairy cha was the peach green cha, with cherry pobbles. Oh how I miss it...and it's only been two days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment